Monday, September 21, 2009

Seville

Let's see if I can hammer this out in the eight minutes before my ride to the hostel gets here. I'm sitting in the Seville bus station after a pleasant 5-hour roll through the Spanish countryside. Most of the landscape was unremarkable, save a crossing between a bunch of interesting granite formations about 100km outside of Cordoba. Also, I was sitting next to the Smelliest Man in Spain, so I spent most of the trip dystrophically gnarled toward the aisle.

The best part of the ride was seeing Arabic starting to make its way onto the road signs as we got further South. I even saw the occasional building with what best translates as 'Reshtaa'rante' written across the top in Arabic script. (A lot of the most famous buildings in Seville and Granada are built in, or modified from, Moorish style.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment